Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Not tonight.

What you see is not always what you get.

Tomorrow is our fourth and, hopefully (if we get exempted from the finals), last exam for the laboratory part of our summer course Zoology. I should be studying. I should be cramming my butt off trying to answer all questions in the manual. I should be finishing everything laboratory-ish - not sitting here in front of the computer making an unproductive entry about not studying for tomorrow.


I should be studying but I am not. Maybe it's because there are only tomorrow and friday before I go back to Pangasinan and finish some personal agenda. Maybe it's because there are only 4 school days left before summer classes are over. The things that keep me from studying are far from what I thought I prioritized - then.


Family is important. I should know that family should be up on my list. I am going to the premier state University not only because it offers quality education (and for personal development) but also because it is practically more affordable than others. Knowing this, I strive to graduate and get a high earning job to support my family. All these I do for them; but what would one do with all the education he/she has acquired if he/she has neglected or worse, forgotten, the reasons he has pushed so hard for it. Since my visit to Pangasinan is a family affair, it is only right for me to request for a few adjustments in school.

Psych10 in school taught us that life can be grouped into boxes where the different dimensions of your being lie. Their is family, love life, friends, school, work, and any other things you consider part of who you are. The course taught us that when in stress, you have to know that it is only one box in your polydimensional life that is 'temporarily' crumbling. If your love life sucks right now, that does not mean your whole life is ruined. You have other boxes to open and be grateful for. So when you get tired of School, why not try delving into, let's say, Internet?^_^


I love the saying 'Never let education interfere with your learning.' It holds so much ground that I could barely stop myself from laughing at my old self who thought that life is all about studying. I thought life revolved on constant studying for a far-off test. Now I realize that education is just a part of learning. There are many things we should be experiencing now. Life is too short to wait for graduation. It is even shorter to wait for retirement!


All things being said, I resolve not to study tonight. I will concentrate on my philosophies and hope that,once again, cramming will work it's magic tomorrow.



And oh! Want to earn money reading emails/advertisements? Click the banner on the sidebar. You get to earn money, in dollars, fast! Please do try!

Labels: , , ,