Wednesday, November 21, 2007

3 genders of human race?

I was listening to our lecture on Ecology and we touched the topic of genders of organisms. The professor began by saying that there are other organisms with 5 genders. He said (not verbatim), "So you think we are more advanced? No. We have three (3) genders but they have five."
Oh my! We have three genders?!
Now that I think about it, maybe it was just a slip of the tongue that he didn't realize.
If that were not the case, it would have been really groundbreaking to find out about having a third gender even if it came from a very credible source. What's more is that scholars themselves are recognizing these changes.
If it were not a slip of the tongue that went unnoticed, then shouldn't there be FOUR genders?
Maybe it really was just an absent-minded mistake. Hmm..

*Uhm, I meant no offense. It was just a little fast to register on my itsy bitsy brain. Gender is totally different from gender preference, that I'm sure of.^_^*