Thursday, October 18, 2007

Why, Orange and Lemons??

I just heard the news yesterday that the uber creative and potentially phenomenal Orange and Lemons disbanded. It's shocking and saddening to learn that the band who gave PBB fanatics the popular Pinoy Ako (which received controversy that I don't really care to hear) - who gave us the soothing tunes of Heaven Knows and Abot Kamay - who gave the classics a modern twist - who made TV commercials more audience-oriented - is no longer a band.

I wished they would have lasted longer. They were brilliant musicians and their group were pioneers of what was to be emulated by other bands like the bloomfields.

I guess all is destined to end. I guess I just have to remind myself that bands may break up but the musicians in them will never leave.

Kudos to Orange and Lemons. Tuloy lang.