Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Music For the Break

What you see is not always what you get.


School's out and there's so much to do! In less than a month, we're going back to school. We have to make the most of every minute!

And what am I doing? Reminiscing the past, again! I am updating my mp3 with outdated songs. Even when the time's have obviously changed, I still go back to the time when the music is just relaxing, comforting and nostalgic.

There are just too much musical genres to choose from. And from a genre, innumerable artists arise. So where do we start?

I myself had a hard time trying to figure out what songs to choose. I decided that I have to dig in the 90's and songs that makes my heart shout so loud. I am so happy with what I have retrieved. I can't get enough of my songs now!

Here are some:
Dan Wilson & Bic Runga - Good Morning, Baby

I got this from the American Pie soundtracks. It's very soothing and I like the poetry and directness of its lyrics.

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony

This song was used in the movie Cruel Intentions. It's rhythm is simple. The added classical feel makes it more appreciated. Fact: This song never got a dime from its sales because they were sued for not asking permission for the symphony used.


Augustana - Boston

Given the right mood at the right time, this song can truly make you cry. The piano keys can really reach down your gut and just make you want to release all the pain and anger. This is not from the 90's though.

Ben Folds Five - Brick

It is a story about a couple who knows its time to part ways. It's cold and emotional. The lyrics is easy to follow, too.

Fool's Garden - Lemon Tree

This is a delineation from the mood I've picked to list down in this entry. Just so you wont leave my blog with a sad and heavy heart, I give you this video. Lemon Tree is an easy song and I wanted to add this here because its one of the oldest songs I can remember really enjoying.

Taste in music varies from one person to another. It is, however, uncommon for totally different people to meet and realize their similarities in music. Hope to meet you, stranger.^_^