Monday, October 22, 2007

Eating Marathon

October 22, 2007 Menu

Hotdogs with ketchup for breakfast. I tried HARD not to eat rice. So to compensate, I ate bread. (Way to go, Monica!)

Kicaco's Strawberry Vanilla for brunch. I was missing Lee-Anne a bit and I remembered how much she loved this. What the heck, right? Cheers, bading!

Two servings each of Alpha's well known indian mangoes and guava. I love visiting my memory lane. Rodz and I retold stories (funny stories mostly - signature Rodz) of how we hung out there with palamig and 'banana cheese?' (Those pairs long tubes of purely synthetic cheese. Naku! How we cant get enough of them!)

Back in Kicaco, we ate, ehem, Mexican cheesesticks. I never really appreciated salsa until recently. (When we went to El Pollo Loco because it was mentioned in Rush Hour 3! He-he.) I wanted pasta but I I know I should not.

We hung out in my room after. We brought in candies, onion ring snacks, mini loaf bread and cheese and peanut butter spreads. Papa also welcomed us with Greenwich Pizza. (That square pizza with 4 different flavors? What's that called again?) We chowed almost all of it down in between chismis and corny joke. Well, not for Rodz' case. As for Jai, Sy and me, well, you know how funny we are, right? Let's just say, the MeSoCorny Shirt fits the three of us.

So much for trying to refrain from eating too much!

Oho! It doesn't stop there. After my friends left, I stayed in my parents' room with my Papa. He went out for a while and guess what he brought inside? V-cut.

Come on! Can you, guys, take pity on big fat me? Being the glutton that I am, I snatched it and opened it at once. I approached my Mama as I munched through that sinful and unhealthy dinner. My Papa followed with two bags full of junk! V-cut, Piattos, Mr. Chips, Dewberry (Red and Blue), Milky Knots, Berry Knots, etc!

The marathon, clearly, is not over yet.

With the three of us combined, the V-cut had no chance. Papa picked Potato Chips while I grabbed the Milky Knots.

Monica: Andami na nating nabuksan!
*Papa mixes Vcut with Potato Chips.
Papa: O ayan, eh 'di dalawa na lang.
Monica: Haha!
Mama: *munch* *munch*

By this time, I really was too full. My tummy was about to burst! My solution: Hot tea. I quickly went back to brew the Monkey tea leaves. Monkeys in China were said to have been trained to pick just the right leaves for this tea. I quickly filled the cup for Mama and Papa and told them (AGAIN) the benefits of drinking tea (JUST TO GET THEM TO REMEMBER).

The marathon ends here at least for today. What can I say, we are a family of big appetites and slow metabolisms.

I really have to stick to a diet (or at least healthy eating habits). Tsk.

*As I press the Save & Publish button, Ate Bern, who just came in from Manaoag, enters the room and asks: Asan 'yung junk food? Point made.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,