Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Reading Glasses

I went out today to get new glasses because Ikea, our big black labrador retriever (who chews on anything when she gets frantically bored), broke my old 'emo', as Allas commented, ones.
It sure is funny how optometrists make you read those letters from afar twice (you know, to gauge your eyes' condition) - once with the right eye and once with the left. (Wait, I'm getting to it!)
So let's say you've read the 2nd row of letters with the right eye. The optometrist closes off that one and moves to the left. He/She asks you again to read the 2nd row of letters. Even if I can't sctually read it, the familiarity of the letters will make it clearer than it really is! So what's the point of making me read it again? I can lie and recite those four letters without really seeing it or I can feel stupid and say I don't know the letters at all! I still don't know which is better and I have been visiting optometrists since I was 12!
Maybe I could explain to them the trouble they present to their patients when they let them do this. But then we'd be going on and on and on and it'd be too tiresome.

Anyway, this is my last non-class week. Sembreak will be over in only a couple of days. I need to get ready for my premonitioned most OC and GC semester ever. I can't wait for our recollection on Saturday. *Replenish, replenish*