Thursday, November 8, 2007

Kung ang buhay ko ay isang drama, ikaw ang atribida!

My sisters, being as they are, would usually butt in on my plans of, uh, practicing my social skills (which is really important if I want to be a doctor! I promise!), and retort something disapproving in front of our parents like, "Bakit ka pa lalabas? Labas ka na nang labas." or "Ayaw mo pa lang lumabas eh, eh 'di 'wag ka nang lumabas."

Whenever I get the feeling that I'm losing this battle of badgering, I always say, "Kung ang buhay ko ay isang drama, ikaw ang atribida!"

This actually works because the the first and only times I've used it, my sisters could not form witty comebacks. It was such a great feeling knowing that in their heads, they're still trying to come up with anything that will be as funny and as creative and as strong as my line! I even had Mama laughing which is very elating considering the fact that I truly have only one appreciative audience when it comes to being 'un'-funny -- myself.

I don't really know where I got that line. Maybe the teledramas Mama insisted on watching (even if we were the first one to use the TV) rubbed off on me. My mom is grown-up. She's 50+ years old and she already five kids. You would imagine her to be mature and all that a mom should be. They'd say moms would even sacrifice a little for the sake of their kids. Mama is all that, yes she is.

But when it comes to her Isay, that freakishly korekorekok Kokey and other drama series, she becomes someone younger than us! She becomes a whiny Maggie Simpson! (Imagine that!) "Isay na! Isay na! Ilipat niyo naaa!" When we don't change the channels, she'd manually change it as if we weren't there! So for us to watch what we want, we have to wait for her to fall asleep. The tricky part here is, you should be as quiet as a mouse. Else, she'll wake up and say "Nanonood pa akoooo..." in that tiny voice.

Sometimes it's cute. Sometimes, it's just not funny anymore. But a mom is a mom. My mom is My mom. I still love her for whatever.^_^