Friday, July 13, 2007

The Master of Nothing

What you see is not always what you get.


It has been a while since my last update. There were just too many things I needed to finish in school. The toxicity level almost went up as high as, uh, an overdose of an effective 'depressant'. It was like trying to keep my head afloat the fast current. But a big YAY! I survived.


First things first, my sister topped eight in the recent Pharmacy Licensure Exam. (Like, yeah so?) HAHA!


That's a 5-minute standing ovation for her! We were all so happy and so ecstatic. She was still so high on it when it started wearing off on me but it was her day so I was not going to kill her joy.^_^ My parents went to visit us that weekend (the results got out last Friday?).


We went to visit our mom's friend and our lola (actually our lolo's sister). Everywhere we'd go, my mom would always talk about how Ate Avi's topped the the boards and start sharing her story. Sometimes the story's all mixed up but that's just our mom. She has the tendency to do that. It adds to her charm!^_^


Maybe the only thing I don't like about the news is that now my mom's so fixed about me taking MedTech Boards! Argh. Now the pressure is on me.*_* I don't want to take that freaking exam. It's scary. (Yeah, so what if I'm a scare-dy cat?) And he's going to take that, too. I think.


Anyway, I still have 3 more years to work on that. So I'll be chilling for the meantime.


So there's something that's been bugging me for quite a while now - okay, so maybe 3 days.
The fact that I don't know which is better among the following gives me the creeps.

1. Being a jack of all trades yet a master of nothing or
2. To be a master of one thing but ignorant of anything else.


I once said in my previous post that I want to be the 'medieval' character or, as what Freddie Prince said in his show, a renaissance woman. I want to be good at everything. But I also said in my other posts, that I want to be known in a certain field. I want to be an instigator of something radical that will be my legacy.


I want to have the best of both worlds. I want to do those two in this lifetime. But I can't help thinking that successful people didn't really have the first. They were too absorbed with their only 'hobby' and didn't have time for others. And I think that is the reason why they are so darning successful.


I haven't had time to really ponder on this. But so far, I have yet to reconcile this with my plans and dreams.


Argh, I'm twisted. *At least I am not talking about him anymore, huh?*


Labels: , , , , , ,