Thursday, September 21, 2006

Little Mr. and Ms. Mickey Mouse Club



What you see is not always what you get.


I now have proven, using my in depth knowledge of psychology and human behavior (which is so laughable), that people really feed on dirty laundries paraded on the public streets. I guess, in a way, it is the parader's fault why he/she is being feasted on. Why on earth would anyone want to flaunt his/her misdeeds in the first place? I, for one, would not want my skeletons cleaned out of my closet.


Is it natural for people to gossip and make crude remarks about other people's lives no matter how repulsive it is? Are the former justified for what they do since it is technically the latter's fault? In some ways, yes. We really just can't help but talk about other people and how immoral, unjust, repugnant the lives they lead are. Who would not want to comment on something waved right below their itchy little (or big for some cases) noses? It is just as automatic to talk of something as it is for us to eat when we're hungry.


Let us examine first the cases or reasons why one would want others to see their dark sides? First thing I could think of is publicity. I have heard from some old movie I watched that Bad publicity is still publicity. I gets people talking and that person becomes instant celebrity. William Hung was shamed during the American Idol. He was actually downright insulted. However, that global embarrassment resulted in a record contract that earned him millions (I am not sure with the profit) and fame that would last for a very long time. So I guess someone who wants to be known would do anything to be popular - even show off their misdeeds.


Second reason: Have you watched the movie Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen? That's exactly it. People sometimes think that they are the only protagonists in the story they have wielded for themselves. Other persons are just minor characters that ought to help them achieve whatever it is they need. It seems as if the world revolves only around them and that it would crumble when they do. And since they think it's all about them, they wouldn't care a bit about looking like a fool because after all, it is their story.


A third reason, although it may not be applicable to all, is that they may also think their damsels in distress that need rescuing of some sort and pity for the misfortune. I don't know if this should fall under the second reason.(It just popped out of my mind.) They think it looks cute to look pitiful and unknowing. It is as though they want some one to open up their eyes and let them show the world -shining, shimmering and splendid. (yeah right!)


Last reason, (since I don't have much time on my hands right now) ugh! I forgot my last and best reason. This sucks.


Anyway, I despise people who try to flaunt their so-called colorful and juicey lives. I hate them for the reasons they do the things they do. I am repulsed by their silly antics and deceptive innocence. They think they look cute but they don't. They just look plain stupid.
If only I have the guts to tell them straight up how much they irritate me, how their attitude won't get them anywhere and how the world is not at their stinky little carefully pedicured feet, I would but that would take too much time and effort from my side. They are not just worth all the trouble. Unless they've proven themselves worthy of my empathy or awe, they will be nothing but pain in everyone's butt.


Now I hate myself for wasting my time talking nonsense.


I apologize. (to myself)