Friday, August 4, 2006

Are You Gay?


Philosophy is my new enemy.


When can you say that one is happy? Is it when that person constantly carries a big smile on a cheery face? or when one always cracks everyone up? Is it when one shows how giddy he/she looks and how uplifted his/her spirit seems? These usually are the manifestations of happy people. But are they really happy?


I sometimes forget to be happy. Is that normal? My mind wanders off to its own world. I don't even know when my consciousness leaves me. And when it does come back, I could never clearly recall what I had been thinking of. And when I return to my old self, I realize how miserable I look and try to seem, feel and be truly happy. I smile and think of embarrassingy funny moments. And they make my day brighter. Shallow? No, just simple.


I always say I am happy and that I am contented with my life right now. But when I really come to think of it, my happiness needs conscious effort. I have to tell myself to be happy to be happy. I have to repeat it over and over that I should be happy just to be.


I want to achieve more than what I have now. Some say I am competitive. But I think I am just ambitious. Are they the same thing? I don't think so. I believe I could achive real happiness when I have reached all my goals - both material and emotional ones.


I guess happiness is arbritrary. No one can ever really set the standards for happiness just like for beauty. It all depends on the person. Your happiness depends on you. So if you're sad and lonely - or mad and angry, only you can break that spell and be happy once again.


Think about it...