Monday, July 17, 2006

Darna!

Philosophy is my new enemy.


Change is an important factor to being a fulfilled human being. It coincides with experience, lessons and decisions. It helped us mold ourselves into the person we are now and I am sure it will be the cause of what we'll be in the future.

When I was a little younger, I never liked change. In fact, it tears me apart to know that I am moving on or someone's moving on with his/her life leaving and separating in the process. I don't want to feel the change, whatever form it may take, because it only gives me pain. I didn't know why but any kind of disturbances or fluctuations in my normal and steady flow of daily activities just left me confused and distracted. Change, for me, is best described by the feeling of a very, very heavy heart. (I actually felt exactly this way for a very long time!)

In only a few years time, I have experienced a lot. I have learned a great number of lessons and I have surely made millions of decisions (both wise and err, unwise). And I think all this combined, together with maturity, brought me to the conclusion that change will always be the same. It will come my way no matter how hard I try to avoid it. Even though I shut stupid change out of my petty, little world, it always find a slicky way penetrate the cracks on the walls.

So, all I can do is accept it. Embrace change and be as optimistic as possible about it. I tried and decided to look at the brighter side of things and never falter. Why waste energy resisting something you can't?

Why say change is necessary for a satisfying life? I say this because I think it shows us new things. It widens our horizons and opens up more doors that lead to more doors (and even trapdoors, for that matter) for us to open. Life is not just about the Internet (blogging) or about school and books or about being a devout Catholic or about playing Autojam or about daydreaming about your crush or about hanging out with your barkada.

Its about everything! It's about exploring uncharted territories and seeking for more. It is about yearning for what you don't normally do and seeing that there is more to life than what you expected.

A very fulfilled life is a life whose options are all chosen, whose checkboxes are all checked and whose list of things to do is longer than that of Santa Claus.

Change makes us do things we never expected we could do. It gives us strength.

This is my concept of change. That is why I love it now. It gives me more than what I bargained for. It shows me that I can do anything and that I could be anyone. And with this change I belive I could even be...DARNA!.. (prelude: Ding, ang bato!) (haha!)

Note: I only got this cute baby pic from Google.com